- A complete service which consists of;
- Site survey:
- Removal of old appliance and capping off any existing supplies, ie gas & electricty.
- Opening up chimney breast to take new stove.
- Replacing fireplace lintel.
- Plastering the inside of the chimney using a two coat sand and cement render.
- We can also finish the inside of the chimney breast in a face brick slip or 20m/m Granite in many colours.
- Finishing the outside of the chimney breast in a finish plaster.
- Other personal touches to the customers request added, ie, oak beams above opening, hearth choices, natural stone, slate, granite, marble & tiled.
- Carpets can be lifted and professionally relaid.
- Stoves fitted by fully qualified HETAS engineers.
- Chimney & Stove service.
- Chimney sweep service.
This fireplace was originally a large opening. The customer wanted to keep the farmhouse look but the opening was old and tired. We suggested rebuilding the opening using a reclaimed stock brick. Sitting on top of the bricks we placed an oak beam 200mm x 100mm. The hearth was finished in Indian sandstone.